ranger-dev mailing list archives

From 黄健 <huangji...@jd.com>
Subject Re: Re: Questions about Ranger integrate with LDAP
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 03:56:09 GMT
Hi!
      The document for Hue integrate with LDAP which I found is the url blew
      http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/Configuring+Hue+3.x+with+LDAP#ConfiguringHue3.xwithLDAP-LDAPauthentication

http://gethue.com/making-hadoop-accessible-to-your-employees-with-ldap/

The second url is the official for Hue configuration.If you want to see the procedure code
, you can see the url from GitHub blow .I hope it is useful for you to improve Ranger integrate
with LDAP
https://github.com/cloudera/hue

Thanks !
________________________________
Yours sincerely, Jian Huang
Beijing China

发件人: 黄健<mailto:huangjian5@jd.com>
发送时间: 2015-01-13 16:20
收件人: dev<mailto:dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
主题: Re: Questions about Ranger integrate with LDAP
Hi!
    I have seen your reply in the mail list, now I  try to integrate Ranger with LDAP, the
username can be synced, First Name and Last Name sync too,but it is the same as username.The
groups did not work,can you issue a document,which show us how to configure Ranger with  LDAP
 synchronization.

     I think you can add some button in the Ranger UI , just like hue User Admin, so we can
control the  synchronization.

     Why not support LDAP backend like hue, I think you can use the same way like Hue to
integrate
with LDAP
      Thanks!
Yours sincerely, Jian Huang