ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Alok Lal <a...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Layout and reorganization of Ranger Wiki pages
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:13:42 GMT
Per @Bosco’s suggestion I am forking off the discussion about re-org of Ranger pages started
by Balaji into this new thread (hence the change of subject field).  Please chime in with
your thoughts.

On 10/15/15, 10:25 AM, "Don Bosco Durai" <bosco@apache.org> wrote:

>We should probably start another thread to discuss the organization of the documents.
I feel, we should have a central page to link to all the different documents. This central
page can be organized the we want to.

>Thanks
>
>Bosco
>

>From:  Alok Lal
>Date:  Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 3:39 PM
>To:  "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org"
>Cc:  "user@ranger.incubator.apache.org"
>Subject:  Re: Review audit to Azure documentation
>
>We could use a combination of Labels<https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF20/Working+with+Labels+Overview>
and Content by Label Macro<https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/content-by-label-macro-145566.html>
to get around some of these problems.  It would still require deciding and building an overall
structure and then we can rely on Lables to aggregate appropriate pages using the Label Macro.

>- Alok
>
>From: Balaji Ganesan
>Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM
>To: "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org"
>Cc: "user@ranger.incubator.apache.org"
>Subject: Re: Review audit to Azure documentation
>
>We need to categorize any wiki pages into appropriate header. This page from Alok should
go into something like Auditing as well as in the new release. Right now, there is no way
for user to find this from the index page. Any ideas ?