ranger-dev mailing list archives

From "Nigel L Jones" <jon...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Git: Github vs Apache
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 10:26:15 GMT
Ranger (& Atlas) are hosted on both github.com & git.apache.org

Initially I cloned from apache, but now I’m tending to use github – in part as other projects
are there too.

How/when are the repositories synchronized?

For anyone wanting to clone the repos I can’t see there’s any substantive difference,
I’ve noticed plenty of commits go to the github version … whilst I’m not a committer
is that where the committers work?

Is this the same on Atlas too (I could ask there)

Or perhaps this is a Q for the apache infra team…

Just intrigued 😉

Thanks

Nigel.

Unless stated otherwise above: