ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bo...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Failed to create assembly with master branch works
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2020 17:33:35 GMT
Gotcha. Maybe it's smart then to update the build instructions. I think I got it from there.

Cheers
Bolke

Sent from my iPhone

> On 8 Mar 2020, at 17:49, Madhan Neethiraj <madhan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Bolke,
>
> "assembly:assembly" should not be used after recent updates to use assembly plugin version
2.6 (RANGER-837). Please build without this argument.

> Madhan
>
> On 3/8/20, 3:27 AM, "Bolke de Bruin" <bolke@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>

>    Hi All,
>
>    I am trying to build Ranger from master to update the Presto dependencies. This always
fails with an error while building the assembly with both JDK 8 and JDK 11 (with a small patch)

>    "org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException: Problem reading from source file
in xAR operation ZipFile invalid LOC header (bad signature)”

>    The normal action for this is to clean your .m2 directory, which of course I did.
This doesn’t resolve the issue. Accidentally I switched to an older checkout RANGER-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
and this build finishes fine.