ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Madhan Neethiraj <mad...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Failed to create assembly with master branch works
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2020 16:49:14 GMT
Bolke,

"assembly:assembly" should not be used after recent updates to use assembly plugin version
2.6 (RANGER-837). Please build without this argument.

Madhan

On 3/8/20, 3:27 AM, "Bolke de Bruin" <bolke@xs4all.nl> wrote:

    Hi All,

    I am trying to build Ranger from master to update the Presto dependencies. This always
fails with an error while building the assembly with both JDK 8 and JDK 11 (with a small patch)

    "org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException: Problem reading from source file in xAR
operation ZipFile invalid LOC header (bad signature)”

    The normal action for this is to clean your .m2 directory, which of course I did. This
doesn’t resolve the issue. Accidentally I switched to an older checkout RANGER-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
and this build finishes fine.

    Anyone aware of this?

    mvn -DskipTests=true clean compile package install assembly:assembly

    Thanks
    Bolke