ranger-user mailing list archives

From Loïc Chanel <loic.cha...@telecomnancy.net>
Subject Re: Hadoop version
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2019 13:48:51 GMT
Hi,

I think there was a misunderstanding. What you see on the left border is
the HDP version. As HDP is a stack (a product packaged by Hortonworks), it
comes with a lot of components (Hive, HBase, Spark ...) including Ranger
and Hadoop (in the HDP core column, on the left side of the picture).
Therefore, you can see on the picture that Hadoop 2.7.3 is supported by
both Ranger 0.6.0 and Ranger 0.7.0 versions, as they are packaged in the
same HDP stack.

Hope this helps.

Loïc CHANEL
System Big Data engineer