ranger-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Alessandroni <matteo.alessandr...@tirasa.net>
Subject Re: Periodically refresh a service definition
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2019 08:26:00 GMT
Hi Zsombor,

On 29/01/19 00:09, Zs. wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  The getDefaultRangerPolicies is get called only when a new service is
> created - so no need to re-register the definition, just re-create the
> service, and your service will be called.

yes thanks, but the service is created in the
"getDefaultRangerPolicies()" logic when I register the service definition.
Anyway, I could change this logic but then is there a way to configure
Ranger to periodically refresh the service?

> However, why don't you just push the new policies from your external
> services to Ranger admin?

Well what is your idea to do that? You mean e.g. creating a standalone
application that use Ranger REST API to create / update a service?

Thanks.
Regards,
Matteo