rave-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven license plugin
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:28:23 GMT

On 9 Mar 2011, at 14:26, Ross Gardler wrote:

> I have no opinion on that plugin, I've not used it. I would say be cautious as you have
to make sure the headers are only inserted into files that we own copyright on (not files
from other projects for example).

> The ASF has a project that will check for the correct licenses and, optionally, add a
license header. I use that. This is a really useful tool, because once setup right it will
stop us forgetting to add license headers. However, it has to be set up right as I mention
above.

> See http://incubator.apache.org/rat

+1 RAT is a really helpful tool