rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven license plugin
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 14:26:28 GMT
I have no opinion on that plugin, I've not used it. I would say be
cautious as you have to make sure the headers are only inserted into
files that we own copyright on (not files from other projects for example).

The ASF has a project that will check for the correct licenses and,
optionally, add a license header. I use that. This is a really useful
tool, because once setup right it will stop us forgetting to add license
headers. However, it has to be set up right as I mention above.

See http://incubator.apache.org/rat

On 09/03/2011 13:27, Marlon Pierce wrote:

--
rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler