rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Maven license plugin
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:46:28 GMT
On 09/03/11 16:28, Scott Wilson wrote:

> On 9 Mar 2011, at 14:26, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> I have no opinion on that plugin, I've not used it. I would say be cautious as you
have to make sure the headers are only inserted into files that we own copyright on (not files
from other projects for example).

>> The ASF has a project that will check for the correct licenses and, optionally, add
a license header. I use that. This is a really useful tool, because once setup right it will
stop us forgetting to add license headers. However, it has to be set up right as I mention
above.

>> See http://incubator.apache.org/rat
>
> +1 RAT is a really helpful tool
+1

For Apache Portals we have RAT configured in our Maven master pom in a separate
"rat" profile so we can run a check any time we want, especially before doing a
release.
See: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/portals-pom/trunk/pom.xml