rave-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <mpie...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Maven license plugin
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:32:09 GMT

The links were a helpful start, but is there any way to insert the Apache header in appropriate
files with the maven plugin?  That is, I'm looking for the maven pom equivalent to the command
line described at http://incubator.apache.org/rat/apache-rat/index.html.

Thanks--

Marlon

On 3/9/11 10:46 AM, Ate Douma wrote:
> On 09/03/11 16:28, Scott Wilson wrote:
>>
>> On 9 Mar 2011, at 14:26, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>> I have no opinion on that plugin, I've not used it. I would say be cautious as
you have to make sure the headers are only inserted into files that we own copyright on (not
files from other projects for example).

>>> The ASF has a project that will check for the correct licenses and, optionally,
add a license header. I use that. This is a really useful tool, because once setup right it
will stop us forgetting to add license headers. However, it has to be set up right as I mention
above.

>>> See http://incubator.apache.org/rat
>>
>> +1 RAT is a really helpful tool
> +1
>
> For Apache Portals we have RAT configured in our Maven master pom in a separate "rat"
profile so we can run a check any time we want, especially before doing a release.
> See: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/portals-pom/trunk/pom.xml
>

>>> On 09/03/2011 13:27, Marlon Pierce wrote:
> Does anyone have an opinion on the maven license plugin (http://code.google.com/p/maven-license-plugin/)?
 I'm trying to wrap up the gadget container code clean up for contribution and would like
to use it or some other nice tool to insert the Apache headers (http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers)
in our code without breaking XML, JSP, etc.