rave-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <mpie...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Maven license plugin
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:49:57 GMT

Rat's command line didn't insert license headers, either, so I set out to debug the source
code in fine Apache fashion.  org.apache.rat.Report.java has two bugs:

* They misspell "license" as "licence" in their options, so "--addLicense" doesn't work, but
"-a" is OK.

* More seriously, the logic of the option parsing is not good: if you don't specify a stylesheet,
you get sent to a broken version of report() that throws away your other command line options.

This raises another question: do we have jira accounts?

Marlon