rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven license plugin
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:06:37 GMT
On 10/03/2011 21:49, Marlon Pierce wrote:

> Rat's command line didn't insert license headers, either, so I set
> out to debug the source code in fine Apache fashion.
> org.apache.rat.Report.java has two bugs:

Well it works just fine for me, but then I am still running the 0.5
release so not sure if it has been broken.

> * They misspell "license" as "licence" in their options, so
> "--addLicense" doesn't work, but "-a" is OK.

That's not a mispelling. I wrote the licence insertion code and I'm
English so it's correct as "licence" ;-)

> * More seriously, the logic of the option parsing is not good: if you
> don't specify a stylesheet, you get sent to a broken version of
> report() that throws away your other command line options.

I don't know about that one. Sounds like an addition in a later version.

> This raises another question: do we have jira accounts?

You create your own Jira accounts (you will need an admin to assign them
rights to Rave, but you don't need that to submit a bug to RAT)

Ross