rave-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <mpie...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Next Steps
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:12:41 GMT

For #6 in particular we should have consensus on framework as a starting point.  SpringMVC
seems like the right choice.

Marlon

On 3/25/11 11:07 AM, Scott Wilson wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2011, at 14:48, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
>> It looks like accounts for us new committers are being created.  As we
>> prepare to commit the donated code bases, I thought it would be good to
>> lay out some of the next steps.  The last few weeks seem to have been busy
>> for everyone, and we haven't had many discussions regarding what we need
>> to do to get Rave moving forward.  The following is a list of things I
>> think we need to accomplish in the near term.  The list is by no means
>> comprehensive and there is probably a better place for it to live, but it
>> is intended to spark discussion.
>
> Looks like a good start - thanks for starting the ball rolling!
>
>> 1. Commit donated code bases
>> 2. Finish public website on CMS (think Ross started this?)
>> 3. Lay out wiki structure and port relevant portions to Apache wiki (think
>> Ate started this?)
>> 4. Discuss working agreements for coding practices, quality, unit testing,
>> coverage, CI, sandbox environments, etc (Some of this is probably standard
>> Apache practice)
>
> I don't think there is such a thing as a standard Apache coding practice :-)
>
>> 5. Analyze initial feature list from proposal and review donated feature
>> sets
>> 6. Discuss high level architecture and agree on basic design
>> 7. Agree on process for "cherry picking" features and integrating them
>> into the Rave code base
>
> Well, we can pick things we want to work on and mail the list to say we're doing it,
but beyond that I don't think we can have that much of a process - anyone can implement any
features they want and submit patches for them, its up to committers whether to commit them.