rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next Steps
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2011 00:43:25 GMT
On 26/03/2011 23:38, Upayavira wrote:
> I'll try to do a karma grant for Rave folks tomorrow, meaning you can
> all start committing to your hearts content :-)

I just did it.

If anyone on the initial committer list cannot now write to the Rave svn
then I did something wrong. Please mail this list with your availid and
ask us to check it.

How do you know if you have access? you could add your name, in
alphabetic order, to the list of contributors on our "in progress" web
site. To do so follow these instructions:

- install CMS bookmarklet from the bottom of https://cms.apache.org/
- http://rave.staging.apache.org/rave/people.html
- click the CMS bookmarklet
- click edit
- make your edit
- tick the "quick commit" checkbox and enter a log message

Since you ticked "quick commit" you will have triggered a staging build
with this commit (without it you commit but no staging build is carried
out - handy if you know you have more to do).

View your work by clicking "staged"

If this process fails at any point then let us know.

If it did work, feel free to improve the very rough skeleton site I've
put together. Note that you can checkout the site files using SVN and
work on them locally.

There's some info on the CMS at http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html

There's a new committer guide at
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html