rave-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject WidgetPortal
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:15:59 GMT
Hi everyone,

Just spotted this on the Node.js list and thought it might be of interest:

http://www.jbaron.com/software/widgetportal.html
> WidgetPortal is the main product of JBaron. It is web software that enables you to quickly
create new websites that contain both lots of content and functionality.

> WidgetPortal goals are to be as flexible as possible wile still looking good. It is like
the perfect combination of iGoogle and WordPress.

> Main features:
>
> Support out of the box for many different types of widgets. You can even mix these different
types of widgets on a single page.

> A very extensive theming engine, so you decide how a page looks like.
>
> Based on latest standards, so your site won't be out of date in the near future.
>
> Flexible render engine with lots of features.
>
> Very fast and robust, even when under high load.

I haven't had chance to run it yet, but it claims to support both W3C Widgets and OpenSocial,
and looks pretty similar in goal to Rave.