rave-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next Steps
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:07:16 GMT

On 25 Mar 2011, at 14:48, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> It looks like accounts for us new committers are being created.  As we
> prepare to commit the donated code bases, I thought it would be good to
> lay out some of the next steps.  The last few weeks seem to have been busy
> for everyone, and we haven't had many discussions regarding what we need
> to do to get Rave moving forward.  The following is a list of things I
> think we need to accomplish in the near term.  The list is by no means
> comprehensive and there is probably a better place for it to live, but it
> is intended to spark discussion.

Looks like a good start - thanks for starting the ball rolling!

> 1. Commit donated code bases
> 2. Finish public website on CMS (think Ross started this?)
> 3. Lay out wiki structure and port relevant portions to Apache wiki (think
> Ate started this?)
> 4. Discuss working agreements for coding practices, quality, unit testing,
> coverage, CI, sandbox environments, etc (Some of this is probably standard
> Apache practice)

I don't think there is such a thing as a standard Apache coding practice :-)

> 5. Analyze initial feature list from proposal and review donated feature
> sets
> 6. Discuss high level architecture and agree on basic design
> 7. Agree on process for "cherry picking" features and integrating them
> into the Rave code base

Well, we can pick things we want to work on and mail the list to say we're doing it, but beyond
that I don't think we can have that much of a process - anyone can implement any features
they want and submit patches for them, its up to committers whether to commit them.

> 8. Commit initial project structure and configure CI
> 9. Begin work on features
>
> This list is high-level, but I think it is a good starting place.  Time to
> get this project moving forward!

+1