rave-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <mpie...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: First Release
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 18:36:08 GMT

I don't have strong opinions on source versus binary releases at this point, but I am wondering
how they work.  For a source release, would we bundle up a tar/zip and put it on an Apache
mirror or just tag it in SVN?  For a binary release, would we just put up a WAR or would we
package tomcat+rave+shindig-snapshot?  What other steps are required/recommended (zip/md5/pgp)?

Having said that, I favor going through the full release steps for both the binary and source.
 This is early but it will make sure we understand the process when things are further along.

Marlon

On 6/1/11 10:43 AM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> I have created JIRA issues for all of the tasks that Ate laid out that
> were assignable.  The remaining (see below) are community discussions that
> need to take place:
>
>   * Discuss and decide what to release, e.g. just a source or also a
> binary (demo)?
>
>   * Appoint a release manager
>
> We also have two issues still in progress:
>
>   * Delete Widgets
>
>   * User Prefs
>
> I would like to set a deadline of Friday for issue completion, assuming
> the community agrees.  If the issues are not completed by then, we can add
> javascript that alerts that the feature is not implemented and return
> statements so that we don't have to roll back any code.
>
> This deadline will allow us to complete release tasks next week so that we
> can hit the 15th release date.
>
> -Matt
>

> On 6/1/11 9:12 AM, "Ate Douma" <ate@douma.nu> wrote:
>
>> On 06/01/2011 02:18 PM, Marlon Pierce wrote:
> Hi Ate, which comments?
>>>
>>> For instance:
>>>   http://markmail.org/message/7dfxwgryq7hp334l
>>> and