rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Need some apache+maven advise Re: First Release
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:47:56 GMT
On 06/07/2011 12:37 AM, Ate Douma wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently at the BerlinBuzzWords conference with an internet
> connection at my hotel so bad I barely manage to read email through
> webmail, nevermind trying to run svn up...
> However I'll try to get in sync tomorrow while at the conference and
> see if I can come up with an easy solution for a binary/demo package
> build.
> AFAIK this should be relatively easy to automate using cargo:package,
> possibly combined with a maven assembly configuration.

Just a quick update:
Running mvn cargo:configure && mvn cargo:package from the rave-portal project
produces an *almost* ready to be used demo package (under target/package)
which we could package, with the obligatory README, NOTICE etc. files.
We also need to customize/modify the bin/catalina.sh to allocate more initial
memory because the default memory settings causing a PermGenSpace OOM error
immediately after startup :)
So, I think we could add a separate "dist" profile wich executes the above goals
and thereafter use a maven assembly configuration to produce the final
downloadable distrubtion archive with the needed other files added/modified.

I'll try to work on something later this evening or tomorrow evening (when I'm
back in the Netherlands). Right now my time is too limited.

I also noticed the request from Jesse on the Shindig dev@ list about a possible
new beta2 release. Not seeing any responses to that, but I'd expect that'll
won't happen overnight anyway. And it'll take days/weeks before they would have
such a release prepared, voted and finally released...
So, I'm not sure we can/want to wait on that, really.
I haven't tried to downgrade Shindig to the latest release version, but how much
do we actually need/depend on from Shindig 3.0 to get our 0.1 release working?
If this is a blocker, we might simply be required to wait until a Shindig
3.0-beta2 comes available before we can do our own release, which would be a pity :(
So, can anyone investigate or explain how much we already are tied to Shindig 3.0+?

Thanks,

Ate