rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Getting & Building source
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 08:11:51 GMT
On 06/09/2011 07:25 AM, Zhenhua (Gerald) Guo wrote:
> Is this how RAVE is supposed to be built (fetch rave-master from maven
> repo automatically)?
Yes.

The rave-master-pom and the rave-project have both their own "release cycle"
(hence separate trunk/tag/branches), allowing us to keep and maintain changes to
the rave-master-pom like developers info etc. independent.

> Or the user should download rave-master and build it before rave is built?
No, that should not be needed for users or end-developer.
Rave committers however will need to check it out *if* changes are needed on
rave-master-pom. But in most cases such changes should be unrelated to a
specific release from rave-project itself, or be applicable for all releases
after that change (or up to the next rave-master-pom change/release).

Ate