rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: RAVE-45 (non-localhost support)
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:54:44 GMT
On 06/14/2011 01:18 PM, Jasha Joachimsthal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in order to make Rave deployable on a server, I'd like to work on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-45. However I don't seem to have
> enough Karma to assign the issue to myself.
> Can someone assign the issue to
> me or should I add a comment that I'll be working on it?

You will first need to be added to the Rave (JIRA) contributers list, similar to
what I did for Rolf van der Steen earlier.
What is you JIRA id?
Once I have that I'd be happy to assign the issue to you :)
(unless Gerald is/was planning to pick this up already).

> The description suggests two solutions. Pathcing it during the build process
> makes it harder to deploy the same war files in a DTAP environment, so I'd
> like to work on a solution that reads properties files from the classpath.
+1
BTW: could be either classpath or (pre-defined) external configuration path IMO.
Classpath is a bit more restrictive from the deployment management perspective,
but probably fine as a start ;)