rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Widget Repository
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:07:02 GMT
On 17 June 2011 15:52, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm not sure where we left the "widget store" discussions, though I think
> the general feeling in Rave was of wanting to tightly couple it with the
> Rave portal as integrated functionality rather than to have a standalone
> repository accessed via REST API?
>
> In any case I think the repository feature set would include:
>
> - import widget metadata from Shindig
> - import widget metadata from Wookie
> - search for widgets by free text/keyword
> - tag widget
> - review and rate widget
> - get widgets by tag
> - get most popular widgets
> - get highest rated widgets
> - get widgets tagged by user
> - get widgets reviewed by user
>
> Any others?
>
> I'm happy to go and create a set of tasks for these in Jira.

Looks good. Some suggestions based on my experience with SURFconext:
- flag widgets as 'approved' for your organisation so only these widgets
appear in the search results (needs a sort of management interface)
- user can add his own widget by submitting the widget url. These may be
flagged as invisible for other users (or not in the beginning).

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com