rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Thoughts about the (demo) HTML
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:32:36 GMT
Hi,

the development is now speeding up. I checked the portal yesterday and a lot
of basic functionality is already there. :)
I also had a look at the HTML of the demo 'portal' and got a few remarks:
- why not start using HTML5 in such a new project?
- calls to jquery libraries are now always over https even if the portal
runs in http. With a simple change in the src the browser will choose the
protocol that matches the portal's
I'll submit a patch for these issues (the changes weren't that big).

Then a lot of the Javascript is inline and external calls are sometimes at
the top of the page. This will slow down the rendering because browsers
interpret Javascript immediately when they find the <script> tag. It was
already noticed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-41

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com