rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject JRebel configuration
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:41:28 GMT
Hi,

the coming time I'll be working on Rave issues at SURFnet. JRebel will save
me a lot of time but is not open source. The "Source Code" [1] page contains
a section about JRebel but doesn't explain how to use it. I've got a working
configuration by adding a profile in the rave-project pom:

        <profile>
          <id>jrebel</id>
          <activation>
            <property>
              <name>jrebel</name>
            </property>
          </activation>
          <properties>
            <javaagent>-javaagent:${env.REBEL_HOME}/jrebel.jar</javaagent>
          </properties>
          <build>
            <plugins>
              <plugin>
                <groupId>org.zeroturnaround</groupId>
                <artifactId>jrebel-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>${maven.plugin.jrebel.version}</version>
                <executions>
                  <execution>
                    <id>generate-rebel-xml</id>
                    <phase>process-resources</phase>
                    <goals>
                      <goal>generate</goal>
                    </goals>
                  </execution>
                </executions>
              </plugin>
            </plugins>
          </build>
        </profile>

Should I create a patch for this or is this something that should only be
mentioned in the documentation (because JRebel is not open source)?
IMO the cryptic and long "Source Code" page can better be split up into
multiple pages, one for building & running, one for deploying (for now only
Tomcat) and one for how to set up your IDE.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/rave/source.html

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com