rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.4-incubating Release Candidate
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:59:52 GMT
I'm fine with the 0.4-incubating release candidate and will vote +1 shortly.

There is a minor issue however, see RAVE-292, which Jasha detected first and I
now can confirm, in that rave-shindig breaks if its installed in a folder
location containing spaces. That seems a 'typical' Java problem I've encountered
endless times.

While an issue which should be fixed I don't find this serious enough to cancel
the release for. There will always be issues and this one isn't too big a deal.

I do suggest though that, if the release passes, we should add a 'known issue'
notice in the announcement email as well on the rave download page that this
version should not be installed in a folder location containing spaces.

Other than that, the release candidate works fine for me and the sources and
binary distributions also checked out OK.

Regards,

Ate