rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: A thought on implementing friend relationships
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:19:03 GMT

I think we definitely need to support this.  Now that the Person model is moved up to Rave-core,
it will be easier for Rave to provide UI for adding new associations between people.

>-> have a link to a relationship page on the home page (similar to widget
>store)
>-> new jsp page for showing relationship such as displaying friends list,
>allowing the user to add new friend. (something similar to widget store)
>-> new controller to handle the interaction with this page.
>
>So initially just to start in a simple way we can have a very simple page
>which will allow adding a new friend, deleting an existing friend and
>displaying the list of existing friends.
>Later on it can be extended to new features such as having a user profile
>page, allowing the user to navigate to his friends profile and view his or
>her gadgets(which will have security issues) etc.

Why not start with the profile page?  It shouldn't be hard to display information about the
person as well as let them manage their friends.  Adding widgets to the page could be done
later....