rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.6-incubating Release Candidate
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:36:39 GMT

The extra SQL artifact is my fault.  I didn't remove it when I moved the Person to core.

>At any rate, I think this part of the configuration is simply broken.
>When I deleted all person initialization as well move the person_association,
>groups and group_members initialization from rave-shindig initial_data.sql to
>the rave-portal initial_data.sql I finally got it working again.
>
>But, how could it possibly work for everyone else without such changes?

I think I have the answer.  The rave-shindig initial-data.sql file only gets parsed and the
statements executed if SELECT * FROM PERSON returns no rows or an exception that the table
doesn't exist.  What seems to be happening to you is that the rave-portal initial-data.sql
is failing to execute properly, which in turn is executing the rave-shindig version.  This
is why everyone who has it working doesn't see the collision between the statements in the
two SQL files.

Not sure why you are getting the duplicate key exception on the sequence table unless the
database is already there, but not populated.

>Alternatively, I can of course change the configuration by having rave-shindig
>and rave-portal point to two different databases (and then it works again
>too),
>but the whole point here IMO is leveraging the same database and the same
>model
>from both sides, right (RAVE-345 and sub tasks)?
>
>What am I doing different (other than simply extract and run the binary) from
>everyone else?

Just for fun, I would double check that /tmp/rave_db.h2.db is not there when you run the demo
binaries for the first time.  Maybe the exception you posted to the list was on a second or
third attempt in the same session and is just a mask of the real problem...