rave-dev mailing list archives

From Marlon Pierce <mpie...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.6-incubating Release Candidate
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:27:36 GMT

I did a quick test of the tar.gz release on a linux server and had no problems.  Perhaps there
are some file system permission problems on /tmp/.

Marlon

On 12/5/11 11:41 AM, Ate Douma wrote:
> On 12/05/2011 04:39 PM, Mahadevan, Venkat wrote:
>> I had the same issue, clearing the /tmp/rave DB files fixed it.
> Just tried that myself but didn't make a difference. Same set of errors.
>
> Note that on Linux /tmp is cleared every time I reboot anyway, so I had a "clean" /tmp
to begin with.

> I still haven't had time to look more deeply into this, and will do so later this evening.
But it would be good if everyone else (on Linux at least) could check once more.

> The only thing I did was download the binary tar.gz, extract it at a random location
and executed $ bin/catalina.sh run from that location.

> Ate
>

>> Venkat

unsure why this happened, but I did have a network hiccup while the release script was running,
so maybe that was the issue. All of the artifacts appear to have made it fine, but it would
be good to have a  second pair of eyes check that.

>>> Also, I forgot to create a combined release with the updated master pom containing
the metadata that has Sean as a committer/PPMC member listed.