rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.6-incubating Release Candidate
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 00:15:44 GMT
On 12/05/2011 05:41 PM, Ate Douma wrote:
> On 12/05/2011 04:39 PM, Mahadevan, Venkat wrote:
>> I had the same issue, clearing the /tmp/rave DB files fixed it.
> Just tried that myself but didn't make a difference. Same set of errors.

I dived deeper into the problem and after a while I noticed what IMO is causing
the problem.
What I really don't understand is why nobody else seems to encounter this...

What I see going wrong is that we have initialization data for persons in both
rave-shindig *and* rave-portal... using (and reinitializing) the same 'person'
sequence *and* the same person entity_id...
That of course never can work if you use one and the same database and the same
set of tables.

Besides that, the person initialization done from rave-shindig initial_data.sql
only uses a subset of the person attributes while the 'same' person
initialization done from rave-portal initial_data.sql is using a different
subset of the person attributes. They overlap partly but not wholly.

At any rate, I think this part of the configuration is simply broken.
When I deleted all person initialization as well move the person_association,
groups and group_members initialization from rave-shindig initial_data.sql to
the rave-portal initial_data.sql I finally got it working again.

But, how could it possibly work for everyone else without such changes?

Alternatively, I can of course change the configuration by having rave-shindig
and rave-portal point to two different databases (and then it works again too),
but the whole point here IMO is leveraging the same database and the same model
from both sides, right (RAVE-345 and sub tasks)?

What am I doing different (other than simply extract and run the binary) from
everyone else?

Ate