rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.6-incubating Release Candidate
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 14:54:26 GMT
On 12/06/2011 02:49 PM, Ciancetta, Jesse E. wrote:
> [...]
then as long as we document the issue and how to work around it then IMO we could proceed
with the release.
Agree, like I also said on my other response to Matt's email.

One workaround I just tested successfully is the following (*only* needed
if/when you hit the initialization order bug):

0) $ rm /tmp/rave*
1) before starting tomcat for the first time, temporarily remove
    $TOMCAT/webapps/ROOT.war
2) start Tomcat for the first time and once started, stop it again
3) move ROOT.war back under $TOMCAT/webapps/
4) now you can start up tomcat as often again.
    Until you want to reset the database again, then rewind back to step 0)

If everyone agrees this is an acceptable workaround, for this release candidate
only, and properly documented in the README, I'm OK voting +1 on candidate.

Ate

> Or stated another way -- I don't see any reason why other projects that have been building
on Rave should have to miss out on this release due to a configuration problem which probably
wouldn't even affect them (or if it did, with proper documentation of known issues for the
release, could be easily worked around).