rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.6-incubating Release Candidate
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:10:50 GMT
On 12/06/2011 05:05 PM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> [...]
>>> 3) move ROOT.war back under $TOMCAT/webapps/
>>> 4) now you can start up tomcat as often again.
>>> Until you want to reset the database again, then rewind back to step 0)
>>>
>>> If everyone agrees this is an acceptable workaround, for this release
>> candidate
>>> only, and properly documented in the README, I'm OK voting +1 on
>> candidate.
>
> Sounds fair to me, though editing the Readme would entail repacking the binaries.  Is
that acceptable, or should we just note it on the download page?
IMO repackaging the binaries for a single (non-code related) file has been
discussed just last week on general@ and found acceptable by most/silent
consent. So I would +1 that.
Especially when (before) we go to general@ for the final vote there, but it
should be mentioned as such in that vote mail.

>> BTW: I think it would be good and wise to have backing of this, and the release
>> candidate as a whole, from at least two other Rave mentors as well.
>> We can postpone and wait on that when promoting the vote to
>> general@incubator,
>> but I'd prefer have their backing upfront :)
>
> Agreed, I planned on keeping the vote open until we got the votes.  General@ is swamped
and we may not get the votes we need until after the 0.7-incubating release :)
I would hope for a quicker conclusion than that, but we'll wait and see :)