rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jc...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.6-incubating Release Candidate
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:49:21 GMT

<snip>

>I'm now unsure if I should vote +1 or -1 on this release.
>
> From a release process POV, disregarding execution, this release candidate
>seems valid to me.
>But I personally cannot use this release, nor the current trunk for that matter.
>So, to me this feels like a -1 on usability.

I think since the problem really comes down to a configuration issue vs. a code issue, then
as long as we document the issue and how to work around it then IMO we could proceed with
the release.

Or stated another way -- I don't see any reason why other projects that have been building
on Rave should have to miss out on this release due to a configuration problem which probably
wouldn't even affect them (or if it did, with proper documentation of known issues for the
release, could be easily worked around).