rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.10 Release Candidate
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 08:41:18 GMT
I've got two remarks so far:

a) This release candidate is dependent on the  non-yet released
rave-master-0.10, which I don't like much.

IMO it would have been better to wait another day until the rave-master was
formally released. Although the rave-master release most certainly will
commence, in theory if we find a last minute blocker issue with it causing its
release to be failed, it would cause *this* release candidate then to fail
automatically as well...

b) Issue RAVE-553 just reported by Jasha and also confirmed by myself makes the
release useless for all practical use-cases and most certainly should have been
easily tested/found before the release. We should look into improving our
quality assurance and add some minimal but sensible (interaction) testing plan
which should pass before we cut a release candidate because this is quite annoying.

For b) I'm inclined to vote -1 or at least -0. As I haven't had time to further
review I'll postpone casting my vote for now but it doesn't look rosy to me.

Ate