rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Live demo portal
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:00:39 GMT
Hi,

Some Apache projects have running demo instances to show what they're
capable of like Apache Cocoon [1]. IMO it would be more than nice to have a
live demo in the Apache zones [2]. Having such a live environment we can
both use it for demo purposes and "feel the pain" of deploying Apache Rave
on a server (which can lead to a smoother deploy process or good
documentation).

There are 2 things this zone should do automatically
- update the webapps to the latest version (e.g. nightly build of the trunk)
- revert the database into a clean state (when people can play with the
portal, they can also leave it in an undesired state)

Do others want this live demo environment as well? If so, is there someone
who can setup and maintain this zone? I'm willing to help, but I'm not a
sys admin.

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com