rave-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Rave-563: Bootstrap and Opensocial viewtarget
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 00:11:09 GMT
Erin,

My 2-cents...

I believe there are valid use cases for supporting both model and non-model
dialogs. The simplest use case is where I need to reference some
information hidden behind my dialog while interacting with the dialog which
requires me to move it to the side for a moment. I believe the spec is
clear in the difference because describing one as "model" makes it clear
enough. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modal_Dialog vs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialog_box

As for the plan moving forward, I think your plan is probably the best in
the short term. Implement them both as bootstrap model dialogs and maybe
record a ticket to come back and find a way to make the normal dialog
non-model in the future.

On a slightly different note, is anyone working/planning what FLOAT will
look like? I assume that will be similar to canvas view, just as an overlay?

Chris