rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Board Report
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:42:03 GMT
See the mail "ApacheCon's EU 2012 and NA 2013 - save the dates and get
involved!" (text copied below) from Nick Burch to committers@ on 3rd
May (if you missed it then OK, if you are not subscribed to
committers@ subscribe now - low volume, important mails)

Hi All

Those of you at ApacheCon NA 2011 in Vancouver may remember me
standing on stage, announcing some provisional information on ACEU12,
and saying more information on ApacheCons for Europe and North America
would be along soon.... It's been a little while longer than hoped,
but we do now have some firm announcements!

Firstly, for Europe, SAP have kindly agreed to host us in Sinsheim,
Germany on the week of the 5th-9th November 2012, for ApacheCon Europe
2012. We've got the venue confirmed, but we still need to decide on
the many things, so please get involved in the organising if you can!
(Details on getting involved below)

Secondly, for North America, following the RFP we've accepted a
proposal from Open Bastion (producers of DjangoCon and PyCon) to run
our next ApacheCon North America! The plan is for the event to happen
in early 2013, likely in Portland, we'll be able to confirm the
details shortly (once contracts are all signed). Again, we need people
to help get involved in organising this too!

The initial discussions and planning for both events will be taking
place together, on the new-ish public list
<apachecon-discuss@apache.org>
   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-apachecon-discuss/
We need organisers who can help with the planning, with talk selection
and track allocations, to help with planning non-talk events
(hackathons, meetups, new kinds of sessions etc), as well as those
able to help out on the ground. Please get involved if you're
interested and able!

To get involved, send an email to
<apachecon-discuss-subscribe@apache.org> in the usual way, and we'll
look forward to seeing you get involved there soon!

Nick
(On behalf of ConCom, the Conferences Committee)