rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: Reintegrating Model Interfaces Branch
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:11:40 GMT
On 6/25/12 8:33 AM, "Jasha Joachimsthal" <jasha@apache.org> wrote:

>On 25 June 2012 14:00, Franklin, Matthew B. <mfranklin@mitre.org> wrote:
>
>> On 6/24/12 6:06 AM, "Jasha Joachimsthal" <jasha@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> >After some debugging I found out that the user creation goes wrong when
>> >the
>> >Page objects are persisted.
>> >
>> >The following pages were created:
>> >Page [id=29] (Person profile)
>> >Page [id=30] (About)
>> >Page [id=31] (My activity)
>> >
>> >On save the following exception enters TranslatedH2Exception:
>> >org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Referential integrity constraint
>>violation:
>> >"CONSTRAINT_255A8: PUBLIC.PAGE FOREIGN KEY(PARENT_PAGE_ID) REFERENCES
>> >PUBLIC.PAGE(ENTITY_ID) (29)"; SQL statement:
>> >INSERT INTO page (entity_id, name, page_type, owner_id, page_layout_id,
>> >parent_page_id) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) [23506-167]
>> >
>> >The database only contains USER pages after initialization. When I
>>want to
>> >go to the profile page of an existing user, it fails to generate the
>> >profile page with exactly the same error.
>> >I'm not able to create a new USER page either, but haven't found out
>>yet
>> >where that one goes wrong (an NPE somewhere in persisting the Page
>> >object).
>>
>> This appears to be an issue after merging in changes from trunk.  Has
>> anyone checked to see if the issue exists there?
>>

>Everything works fine in trunk.

Figured it out.  The transaction manager applies the save methods to the
entity manager in order and when it was saving the sub pages, it didn't
have the ID for the parent.  I have no idea why this is not failing in
trunk as well, but I added a save call before setting the sub pages and it
works fine.

Was this the only issue, or were there other problems you found?

>> >Jasha

>><jasha@apache.org

>>refactor
  I am