rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: Rave 1.0 Roadmap
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:15:01 GMT

On 7/20/12 9:26 PM, "Chris Geer" <chris@cxtsoftware.com> wrote:

>Over on the OpenSocial Google group I came across this note [1] talking
>about OpenSocial 3.0. There was a link about "Community changes required
>prior to OpenSocial 3.0" [2]. The point that interested me the most was
>Rave 1.0 is a goal prior to OpenSocial 3.0. I agree that is probably the
>right step but that means we probably need to renew the conversation about
>what does Rave 1.0 mean? Right now our roadmap is pretty bare [3].

OpenSocial 3.0 is being deferred until we have fixed some of the major
issues with branding and engagement.  I agree we need to complete the
discussion of the Roadmap.

>Matt, did you guys discuss any specifics at the get together this week
>about what Rave 1.0 should include?

The OpenSocial president has been referring to Rave as the OpenSocial
reference implementation and Shindig as the Reference Framework.  It is
the foundation's goal to help get Rave to the full compliance state;
however, I think that is only a small part of our 1.0 roadmap.  The
biggest stuff in the way is solidifying the object model, integrating
content services, working on making the UI truly extensible, driving more
configuration from a repository, etc.  Pretty much most of the major
Architecture topics that Ate posted about a while ago.