rave-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Fischer <flyinghu...@web.de>
Subject Customize RAVE towards generic IWC
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2012 09:15:51 GMT
Hi all,

i would like to get familar with the RAVE-Development because i will use
it for my master-thesis.
I'll need to extend RAVE for implementing an Inter-Widget-Communication
(IWC) Helper.
That means, i will implement a Training Environment for Widgets which
doesn't Support IWC originally.
-> Widgets without IWC schould after the Training support the IWC with
other Widgets.
(Only during the User-Session. Original Widget should NOT be modified.)

For that, i MUST inject some JavaScript Code into each Widget and the
Portal-Page everytime when RAVE loads a Widget from the
Wookie-Widget-Store or from antother Store (Wookie is first enough).
We have successfully implemented a testing Environment in Apache Wookie
by injecting some JS-Code.
Now, i want to Integrate a IWC-Training-Environment in RAVE for Mashups.

-> Is it generally possible to inject Code into widgets each time
widgets gets Displayed?
-> Where must i start to get my Custom Code to get Loaded by RAVE each
Time widgets gets Displayed?
-> Where is my entrypoint to get famililar with the RAVE-Source Code?
(Already followed the instructions on the Webpage, Eclipse is ready to
run with RAVE).

The Basic Idea is to send Events from the Widgets over OpenAjax pubsub
to the portal-Page and implement a Training Environment storing the
learned Events and Destinations in RAVE's Database according to the
logged-in user.

Tanks for Your Help,

Christian