rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rave on MySQL
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:14:51 GMT
On 11 July 2012 23:05, Raminderjeet Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am able to find the problem. Looks like Rave is creating all the tables
> with lower case and when we query(SELECT * FROM WIDGET) to see if table
> already to insert the data its returning false. Log message is of debug
> level so i was not seeing any error. I changed the log level to debug to
> notice this.
>
> I tried to change this query to lowercase but then problem is coming at
> separate level now( Caused by:
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table
> 'rave.JPAPORTALPREFERENCE_VALUES' doesn't exist).  Does anyone have idea to
> make mysql db case insensitive?

The question in this case should not be "how to fix it in MySQL", but "how
to make it work in any DB". Again we run into the issue of the
initialization with pure SQL queries. I've installed it before in MySQL,
PostgreSQL and Oracle; they all had their own issues when dealing with the
initial data.
We should really move the essential part of the initialization (page
layouts, page types, authorities etc) to some abstraction like JPA and
preferably also other parts of the demo "content" like users and gadget
definitions.

Another one that will fail on case sensitivity are the portal preference
values (already created an issue for this last month).