rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing Rave charset to UTF-8
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:08:51 GMT
On 25 July 2012 20:54, Carlucci, Tony <acarlucci@mitre.org> wrote:

> Hi Rave Devs,
>
> Is there any reason why we *shouldn't* change the Rave code base to serve
> out UTF-8 character sets instead of ISO-8859-1?
>
> Thanks, Tony

Because you may run into issues when doing form submits and url's with
query strings. If you change the encoding, please do check that all the
form submits (both POST and GET) and AJAX calls are treated correctly with
diacritics. English doesn't use them a lot, but other (European) languages
do.
The default encoding for servlet requests and responses seems to be
ISO-8859-1: http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding

Is something going wrong with encoding at the moment?

Jasha