rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing Rave charset to UTF-8
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:23:30 GMT
On 25 July 2012 21:45, Carlucci, Tony <acarlucci@mitre.org> wrote:

> [...]

Finding out what goes wrong with encoding is always a PITA. It can be
configured in many levels of the request handling: the httpd server, Tomcat
connector, in a servlet or Spring's CharacterEncodingFilter, in the JSP (I
may have forgotten a layer or 2). Then the database may or may not handle
the data correctly.
UTF-8 may be a better choice for non-European character sets, but it should
be tested carefully.