rave-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: make shure OpenAjax Hub is ready before Userscripts are executed (wookie)
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 09:54:28 GMT
On 1 Sep 2012, at 09:20, Christian Fischer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to make shure that the OpenAjax "hub" Instance of a wookie-iframe-widget
is ready and already connected before any user defined scripts are executed inside the widget?

> _Sometimes_ it throws the following ErrorMessage then i'm subsribing to channels by loading
the widget.

> Uncaught Error: OpenAjax.hub.Error.Disconnected
>
> For OpenSocial Widgets it's not a problem - these widgets are waiting until the hub is
ready, but wookie not?

Yes thats right - I don't know what mechanism is used in Shindig for this but it would make
sense to replicate it in Wookie.

The relevant part of the Wookie feature is this:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/wookie/trunk/features/openajax/