rave-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: make shure OpenAjax Hub is ready before Userscripts are executed (wookie)
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 16:54:06 GMT
On 2 Sep 2012, at 17:08, Christian Fischer wrote:

> Am 01.09.2012 11:54, schrieb Scott Wilson:
>> On 1 Sep 2012, at 09:20, Christian Fischer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how to make shure that the OpenAjax "hub" Instance of a wookie-iframe-widget
is ready and already connected before any user defined scripts are executed inside the widget?

>>> _Sometimes_ it throws the following ErrorMessage then i'm subsribing to channels
by loading the widget.

>>> Uncaught Error: OpenAjax.hub.Error.Disconnected
>>>
>>> For OpenSocial Widgets it's not a problem - these widgets are waiting until the
hub is ready, but wookie not?
>> Yes thats right - I don't know what mechanism is used in Shindig for this but it
would make sense to replicate it in Wookie.

>> The relevant part of the Wookie feature is this:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/wookie/trunk/features/openajax/
> OK, is there a howto to get the wookie sources into the rave maven project?
> I'm not familiar with maven.
> What must i do to get the wookie sources into my project to use the Custom Build instead
of the wookie-war wich comes with the rave-project?

OK, so first you need to change the Wookie version you build Rave with; to do this, in rave-project/pom.xml
change:

        <apache.wookie.version>0.10.0-incubating</apache.wookie.version>

to:

        <apache.wookie.version>0.13.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</apache.wookie.version>

Next, you need to publish your custom Wookie build locally. You can do this from the root
of your Wookie source folder using:

ant publish-local

This will create a 0.13.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT war in your local Maven repository (e.g. in
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/wookie)

Note however I've seen a bug in Ivy/Ant where this is cached rather than updated when you
make changes, so you may need to delete it  then re-publish whenever you make changes (which
is a pain)

If you just want to try out some JavaScript changes interactively, you can run Rave, then
go into rave-portal/target/tomcat6x/webapps/wookie/features and edit OpenAjaxClient.js. You
can then see the effects just by reloading to clear the browser cached version. When you're
happy you've got a good working solution, you can copy it into your source folder then follow
the steps above to try it as part of a new build.

Hope this helps,

-S