rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.18 Release Candidate
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 00:35:18 GMT
I tested the 0.18 release and all-in-all it works pretty fine.
The performance on H2 still is an issue of course but not blocking (RAVE-838).
Also, RAVE-845 seems to be fixed, deleting a user with friend associations now
works.

However I discovered a new, and IMO worse error RAVE-859: when I delete a user
who has pages shared with, that action also deletes those shared pages which
aren't 'owned' by this user. Rather destructive...

I'm not sure we should qualify this as a release blocker, as we already canceled
the previous release candidate, but *functionally* it certainly qualifies. I
don't know if anyone (yet) is using this feature in an (almost) production
environment, but if so then they should *not* upgrade to this 0.18 release
candidate until this bug is fixed.
Or, well, maybe previous releases also had this bug already (I haven't had time
to check) in which case it doesn't really matter.

WDYT: should we accept this as a known/recognized bug (and then highlight this
in the release announcement) or qualify this as a release blocker?

I'm holding off voting +1/-1 for now.

Ate