rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.18 Release Candidate
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 09:43:57 GMT
On 12/05/2012 02:52 AM, Chris Geer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:
>
>> I tested the 0.18 release and all-in-all it works pretty fine.
>> The performance on H2 still is an issue of course but not blocking
>> (RAVE-838).
>> Also, RAVE-845 seems to be fixed, deleting a user with friend associations
>> now works.
>>
>> However I discovered a new, and IMO worse error RAVE-859: when I delete a
>> user who has pages shared with, that action also deletes those shared pages
>> which aren't 'owned' by this user. Rather destructive...
>>
>> I'm not sure we should qualify this as a release blocker, as we already
>> canceled the previous release candidate, but *functionally* it certainly
>> qualifies. I don't know if anyone (yet) is using this feature in an
>> (almost) production environment, but if so then they should *not* upgrade
>> to this 0.18 release candidate until this bug is fixed.
>> Or, well, maybe previous releases also had this bug already (I haven't had
>> time to check) in which case it doesn't really matter.
>>
>> WDYT: should we accept this as a known/recognized bug (and then highlight
>> this in the release announcement) or qualify this as a release blocker?
>>

> I vote that we proceed with the release and put a note not to upgrade if
> you use this feature. That way people who don't use the feature get an
> upgrade and the people who do use it are not any worse off as long as they
> don't upgrade.
>
> Two questions on RAVE-859
>   - Do you know if it's a logic error (we are purposely deleting the page)
No, I haven't had time to look at the code yet, won't have time either until
later this week. But purposely deleting the page (when knowing it is shared but
not owned) doesn't sound logical to me. Its a bug anyway.

> or is it an unintended JPA delete based on referential integrity?
>   - How will your work on the HMVC impact pages and page sharing? Will it
> fix this issue by replacing it with a different approach?
No, the HMVC deals with functionality on a page, not with the management of
pages themselves.