rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archetype for custom Rave project
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2012 16:12:38 GMT
On 30 December 2012 17:05, Chris Geer <chris@cxtsoftware.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, December 30, 2012, Jasha Joachimsthal wrote:
>
> > On 30 December 2012 14:47, Matt Franklin <m.ben.franklin@gmail.com
> <javascript:;>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Chris Geer <chris@cxtsoftware.com
> <javascript:;>>

> > > groupid,

> > > outdated
> > > became a
> > > custom
> release
> > > and
> > inside

> > > Agreed.  I am not very knowledgeable about archetypes in maven, but
> > > definitely seems like the right way to go
> > >

> > Just committed the generation of a project during the build of the
> > archetype.
> > Next step would be the integration into the main project. The "vanilla
> > extension" contains a project structure with a custom portal and Shindig.
> > The portal has no LDAP integration and has a custom user service. The
> > custom Shindig is nothing but an example how to overlay the rave-shindig
> > war. Shall we keep this for the archetype and change the behaviour if
> this
> > turns out to be unhandy?
> >
> > My personal preference would be to have an archetype that generates a
> basic structure with no additional code since most people will  start
> there.  We could have an option to create a new service but it shouldn't be
> default. It would also be nice if the archetype was setup to allow people
> to easily skin Rave.

I forgot to mention that skinning the portal has always been a part of the
"vanilla extension" and now also a part of the archetype.
You can try the archetype now by building Rave and then generate a custom
project using

cd /tmp
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.rave
-DarchetypeArtifactId=rave-custom-project-archetype

(I will document this later)

Jasha