rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Archetype for custom Rave project
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:32:54 GMT
As example of how to customise a Rave project we have the
rave-vanilla-extension in the sandbox. This project is not always up to
date and if you export it from svn as starting point, you get
org.apache.rave as groupid and package prefix. I generated a Maven
Archetype [1] that creates a similar structure but with your own groupid,
artifactid and package name.
You can try it out by checking out the archetype from [2], build the
archetype and then
 mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=local

This is still not an ideal situation. The archetype can be just as outdated
as the current vanilla extension and now you also need to build the
archetype to create a new custom project. It would be better if it became a
module inside the main project and during build it should generate a custom
project from the archetype. Then it will also be a part of the release and
the archetype becomes available without checking it out.
Is this possible and do we want the archetype in its current form inside
the main project?

Jasha

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-archetypes.html