rave-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Gooch <eodgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Potential solution for rave-skin less file
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:09:34 GMT
The problem we have as an extension application using Apache Rave is that
it is not possible to overlay the skin less file because the rave css file
is being created at Maven artifact creation time as part of the CI build
process.

I feel that the skin less file should create it's own rave-skin.css file
that way an extending application could create it's own process (wro) to
build the rave-skin.css from an overlaid less file.

The reasoning is, currently in order to create it's own rave.css file an
extending application will need to create a separate wro4j maven task which
would overlay 3 less files. By separating the skin css and rave css we can
minimize the # of files needed to be overlaid. Therefore we could still get
updates to rave.less file but have our custom styles preserved.

Current process:
rave.less -> rave.css
rave-skin.less -> rave.css
rave-customizations.less -> rave.css

New process:
rave.less -> rave.css
rave-skin.less -> rave-skin.css
rave-customizations.less -> rave.css
Update the rave_css.tag to include rave-skin.css

Thoughts?

Aaron