rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Weaver <weaver.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ROLE IWC for Rave
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 02:00:59 GMT
Would this provide an in-session IWC?  Or is this cross-session IWC such
that all instances of the widget(s) get the pub/sub message?  It looks like
cross-session messaging but I wanted to ask first =)

I've used portal frameworks before (one of them, Ozone Widget Framework
here:  https://github.com/ozoneplatform/owf) where IWC is in-session only.
 This provided app developers some pain such that they had to implement
their own pub/sub so messages would be received between multiple apps
running across different sessions (one such way is to use Atmosphere, here:
 https://github.com/Atmosphere/atmosphere).  If you do this Andreas, I'd
love to test it out.

---
Jack Weaver